|Commercial Complex :
In the fast developing world these days the population is also increasing rapidly, so that the small towns and cities are changing into metropolitan cities there is scarcity of land in the cities and the business is growing and expanding very fast. Therefore, huge multi-storied buildings for commercial organizations are being constructed and the number of such complexes is increasing fast day by day. Production has increased very much, and the factories have to open their offices and show rooms at various places for marketing their products. Therefore buildings for these commercial purposes have become a necessity. Most of the factories appoint agents for the sale of their products. The business men have to establish an office of the agency, which is located mostly in some multi-stored commercial complex. In the construction of multi-stored commercial complexes all the principles of Vaastu-Shastra can not be followed so easily as in case of residential houses.
The builder of such complexes wants to utilize each and every corner of the space available for construction leaving any space open, without any construction there may not be profitable to the builder. Commercial complexes which are constructed in accordance with the rules of Vaastu-Shastra become popular and prove to be beneficial and profitable to the business that is carried on from that campus. Therefore commercial complexes should also be constructed according to the principles of Vaastu-Shastra. First of all only 2 square or rectangular plots should be selected. Buildings constructed on such plots are auspicious and beneficial to the owner, and help in successful and profitable business, while constructing building on the plot; enough open space should be left all around. There should be more open space on the north and east than that on the south and west respectively. Lawn and parking place is auspicious and profitable in the north-east directions. Slope of the land should be towards north-east direction. South-west portion should be raised. Tall and dense trees near the main building are not good. There is no harm if the trees are at some distance, well or tube-well should be constructed in the north east portion, and overhead tank for storage of water should be constructed in north-west. Waste water drained out of the building and also the rain water should flow towards the north or east directions.
As far as possible the main gate should be kept in the north or east direction. Height of the main door should be a little more than those other doors in the building. Rooms for office etc. should be built in such a manner that rays of the sun may reach in each and every room and flow of fresh air is also maintained without any interruption. Construction of rooms should be so planned that most of the rooms may face towards north or east. Length and breadth of the office rooms should also be as per the Vaastu Shastra. Height of the upper stores should be kept a bit less than that of the lower storey. If attached toilet is to be provided with the office room, it should be in the south-west portion of the room. If store room is required along with the office, it should be in the south or west part of the room. It is good to construct stairs in the south or west portion of the main building. Stairs in north-east portion of the building are not auspicious. Balcony should be provided in the north or east direction in each room.
1. Boss should sit in south-west facing east or north.
2. Computer room should be in south-east.
3. Pantry should be in south-east or north-west.
4. Marketing departments should be in north-west.
5. Cashier should be in north.
6. Purchase department and other should be in south or west.
7. Reception should be in north-east.
8. Telephone, side tables should be in south-west corner.
9. There should not be any obstacle in front of any door opening.
10. Keep your files in your office as given below and it will help you in your business as each and every file in your office plays an important role in the business.
i) Account file - in south-east corner shelf.
ii) Personal files - in south-west shelf of your cabin.
iii) Purchase file - in south-west shelf made on south wall.
iv) Sales file - in north-west shelf on wall.
v) Estate files - in south-west shelf made on southern wall.
vi) Shares file - in north-west shelf mad on north wall which you want to sell.
and in south-west shelf made on south wall which you want to retain.
vii) Raw materials file - in south-west shelf.
viii) Finished goods file - in north-west corner shelf.
ix) Income tax files - in south-west corner shelf.
x) Sales tax and excise files - in south-west corner shelf.
xi) Import and Export file - in north-west corner shelf.
xii) Stores file - Always in south-west corner shelf.
xiii) Cash purchase file - in south-west corner shelf.
xiv) Credit purchase file - in north-west corner shelf.
xv) Staff and workers file - in north-west corner shelf.
xvi) Litigation files - in north-west corner shelf.
xvii) Pending bill file (receivable) - if it is in north-west shelf it will help in
early recoveries or payment which is due.
1. Plot should be square of rectangular in shape. Square would be best. If it is rectangle then the ratio of length to breadth should be1:2 and not more than that.
2. The ground level should be higher in South & West rather than North and East.
3. Plots facing North or East are better than those facing South or West.
4. A canal, a lake, river, nallah, a big well or pond should be in north or east only.
5. Heavy construction or mountains should be in west or south of the plot.
6. There should not be any big tree in north or east of the plot.
7. There should not be any pit or well in south or west direction.
8. All four corners should be at 900 (set Square). If only north east is extended i.e. if it is less than900, it will do.
9. All rain water should flow from south to north and west to east.
10. South west should be highest & north east should be lowest in level.
11. If all the corners are not at 900 then we should correct it before starting the construction.
12. If the dead end of a road is coming in our plot then it should be taken care of because some are good & some are bad. This is called vidhee soola.
13. There should not be any hills or mountains in east or north side of your plot.
14. At the time of purchasing the adjacent plot purchase only in east, north or north-east plots. Never purchase adjacent plot in south or west or accept if even if offered for free.
1. More open space should be in north and east rather than in south and west.
2. Plot should be highest in south-west and lowest in North-east.
3. Boundary walls in south and west should be heavy and taller than walls in north and east.
4. South-west portion of construction should be highest point.
5. Slope of roof should be in north or east. It should not be the other way round.
6. If overhead water tank is required, it should be in south-west or west. But should not be in north-east.
7. If underground water tank or storing tank is required, then it should be in north east but never in south west.
8. All rain water should flow from south to north or west to east.
9. Septic tank should be in central east or north but should not be in south or west.
10. Toilets, bathrooms should be in south east or north west.
11. Labor Quarters should be in south-east or north-west but never south-west.
12. Security guard should sit facing east or north only.
13. If temples are building, it should be in north-east.
14. Hanumanji idol should always be south facing.
15. Septic tank should be in north west on northern side.
16. Labor rest room should be in south-east or north-west. But never in south-west.
17. Canteen should be in south-east.
19. Big trees for pollution control should be in south and west side only.
20. Lawn or seasonal plants may be grown on east and north side of the factory.
21. Big heavy machineries to be installed on south and west side of the plant area.
22. All operators should face preferably north or east but never south.
23. Production should be from south to north or west to east.
24. Main end product will come out in north or east side.
25. Raw material godown should be in south west.
26. Finished goods godown should be in north-west.
27. Dispatches should be made from north-west gate facing east.
28. Transformer, Furnace, oven should be put in south-east.
29. If the chimney is very high then put some iron poll or any pile in south west which is higher than chimney.
30. Boss should always sit in south-west facing east or north. Boss means proprietor, managing director or working partner.
31. If the plot is rectangular or square in shape, correct it as per Vaastu.
32. The bed-room of an industrialist also plays a vital role in his industry. If his/her bed room is anti-Vaastu, he/she will face problems in his/her industry.
33. Water in south-east will reduce production.
34. Parking in north or east side
. 35. RCC slab construction should be in south or west and shed in north or east.
For running their business people have to establish shops at some suitable place in the cities, towns or colonies. The shop may be one's own or a rented one. For successful business it is necessary to build the shops or business organizations according to the principles of Vaastu Shastra, and also the seating arrangement and settings inside the shops or offices be made according to these principles. Many people have been found saying that in spite of hard work and many efforts, such and such concern is not doing good business and it is going in loss. Therefore, the following facts should be kept in mind while organizing a shop or a business concern, so that the probability of monetary profits and peace of mind will increase many folds. A shop or a business concern is the place where a person sits to carry on the process of sale and purchase of items or related transactions. According to Vaastu Shastra, the door through which a customer enters is considered to be the face of the shop/business concern. Its auspiciousness should be known as follows: - Facing East Profitable Facing west Intermittent Profits and Losses Facing North Growth of Wealth, Prosperity Facing South Loss and hindrances when stars are weak (unfavorable).
Seat of counter:
The owner or the salesman should sit in the shop or commercial office facing towards east or north. It creates troubles and given loss if the seat/counter is facing south or west. If it is a public market, where the shops are facing south, the south-facing shops are no more inauspicious if there are shops opposite to these shops also.
Shape and size
1. If a shop or commercial office has the width in the front less than that in the rear, it is known as Gaumukhi shape. Such shape is not auspicious for business purposes.
2. If the width of a shop or commercial office is more in the front and less in the rear, the shape is called singhmukhi; it is auspicious and beneficial for commercial purposes.
3. Four sided rectangular or square shapes are good and auspicious.
4. Shops or commercial offices having triangular shape, irregular shape, extended at the corners (other than the north-east corner) are inauspicious. Such situations cause loss of money and of mental peace also.
5. There should not be a threshold (door-sill) at the entrance of the shop or business concern. Slope towards the entrance is also inauspicious. It makes the profits unstable.
6. Floor of the shop or business concern should be kept clean and attractive.
7. It is auspicious to install the idols of god Ganesh and Goddess Lakshmi on the right hand side or in north-east corner. 8. Auspicious symbols such as a Swastik should be marked and 'Shubh-Labh' ' Rddhi-Siddhi' words written on the wall in the shop. Cash counter should be placed facing north. Cash box should never be left blank or empty.
9. Favourite GOD should be remembered and prayers be offered in the morning and evening, with lighting a lamp and incense-stick (Agarbatti).
10. Presence of a tree or pole etc. in front of the shop causes Vedh, which is inauspicious. It creates problems and disturbances in the business, such Vedh should be avoided.
11. In the north-east portion of the shop less and only right items should be placed. Heavy items should be kept in south west portion. It is auspicious to keep the north-east corner empty and reserved for worship or gods.